Monday 1 June 2009

Thanks for visiting my blog. Looking at the date of my last post, I cannot believe it has been over five weeks. May was full of bbqs and spending lots of time outside over the two bank holidays, as well as plenty of work, just for a change.

I've been busy sorting out all the prices and wording for placing our products on ebay. I'm constantly amazed at some of the prices other packaging suppliers try to charge!

Due to our flexible manufacturing technique, we are able to significantly reduce our customers' packaging costs. For example, one of our competitors sell boxes for over 60 percent more than our prices, even before they add VAT at 15 percent!

I guess I have put approximately 15 different sizes of packaging boxes on ebay so far. I aim to put many more on in the next few weeks. Please visit our site at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/bectech-packaging for some great discounts on postal boxes.

I've also managed to find a new courier to deliver our goods. Over the next month I'll be looking at www.myhermes.co.uk to see how they compare against our existing couriers. They certainly compete on price alone.

Next up will be sorting out our stand-alone website at www.bectechpackaging.com, although I'm aiming to get everything running smoothly on ebay first before doing this.

Over the next year, I'm also aiming to increase the types of products and services to our customers. I am always being asked for short runs of high quality presentation packaging, display and point-of-sale/purchase products. Our facilities here are ideally suited to providing our customers with cost-effective solutions in these markets.

So far, sales have been going well, again keeping us busy at work. I am looking forward to a well deserved holiday from 22 June, as we're not skiing, I shouldn't come back with another broken arm. Not sure where we'll be going, I wouldn't mind going to the south of France again.




No comments:

Post a Comment